St. John Monastery originates from XIV century. It is situated on the plateau below the Beli Breg hill, 8km far from Nis. The Monastery may be reached by a narrow path, 1.5 km long, slit by the Kaludjere stream. The actual church was built in 1835, and it was painted in 1869. The Monastery played an important role during the Nis rise in 1841, when it was the meeting place of rebels who took an oath in this monastery and kept the collected money.
St. John the Baptist Monastery